WWOOF Nepal's Eco Charity Trek Rescheduled for Feb. 2013
WWOOF Nepal’s Eco Charity Trek in 2013 to fundraise for WWOOF Nepal’s Organic Farm development project.
- Are you interested in meeting other international WWOOFERS, meet new people, visiting new places and want to see and participate in a 10 to 12 day adventure of a lifetime in incredible surrounding, including a week long trek for 4 to 5 hours in the Himalayas?
- Are you tired with the hectic life of the city and keen to refresh yourself?
- Would you like to learn ancient meditation and yoga, eat organic food, ride elephants, walk in the jungle, go WWOOFING and visit the country side?
- Are you interested in visiting temples, monasteries and meeting lovely and hospitable people?
- Would you like to be a teacher or to create an organic movement in your community and are interested in spreading the WWOOF message?
- Are you interested in being a volunteer with WWOOF Nepal and with others WWOOFERS help to sign up new WWOOFERS in the street for a few hours?
- Would you like to meet remote Nepalese farmers who will welcome you with a bunch of flowers and then share conversation and join them in traditional dancing?
- Not to mention: joining in Nepalese folk music, drinking local wine, watching rhinos, riding elephants, jungle walking, boating and lots of FUN.
If yes, realize your dream and fly to Kathmandu city. Start to make your travel plan possible by sending us registration fees. Limited seats available. Please reserve your place as soon as possible by writing to us. Please note we have selected this program that appears on many people's wish-list of exciting things to do in their lifetime. These adventures include some of the best experiences in one of the most exciting destinations in the world. For more information and itinerary please write to:
- Total cost: US $800
- Initial deposit: US $300 (because to make surety, we are asking US $300)
- Balance amount: $ 500 , To be paid upon arrival
- Need to pay: WWOOF Nepal directly.
Important: The deposit is not refunded if you are unable to attend.
Please email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Itinerary: (Total 9 to 10 days)
- February 5, 2013: In Chitwan Under package program –meeting day In Chitwan Hotel at Sauraha encircled by Chitwan National Park.
- February 6: Visiting Chitwan National park under package program.
- February 7: Visiting Chitwan national park under package program.
- February 8: Going to Lumbini, the birth place of Gautam Buddha (early in the morning) and coming back to the hotel at Chitwan.
- February 9: Going Chitwan to Pokhara and stay tonight at hotel. Our bus leaves at 7 AM for Pokhara. You’ll leave on a tourist bus and enjoy sightseeing on the way to Pokhara. From Chitwan National park to Pokhara, it is about 180 km and takes around 5 to 6 hours.
- February 10: This morning we will drive to Naya Pul (New bridge) after having breakfast. After that we will trek to Tikhe Dhunga (1495m/4905ft). You’ll start your trek to Birethanti, a large and prosperous town beside the Modi River. You’ll head up the main trail to Sudami where you’ll gradually climb up the side of the valley, reaching Hile (1495m) before pushing on to Tirkhe Dhunga. From here the trail crosses a stream and then ascends a steep stone staircase to the large Magar village at Ulleri (2070m).
- February 11: Trek to Ghorepani (2850m/9350ft) after getting up early, you’ll trek through rhododendron and oak forests and across streams before taking a short final climb to Nangethanti. From Nangethanti, you’ll head up to Ghorepani (2850m). Overnight stay at lodge or Guest House.
- February 12: Ghorepani to Poon Hill to Tadapani (2520m/8268ft) Start early and hike for an hour to Poon Hill (3195m). From Poon Hill, you’ll see unobstructed view of sunrise over the high Himalayas. After spending about 40 minutes on the hillside, we come back to Ghorepani and have hot breakfast. After that, we’ll start walking to Tadapani. From Ghorepani, the trail climbs along ridges and through pine and rhododendron forests to Deurali (2960m). We descend to reach Banthanti, before winding our way to Tadapani (2540m). Overnight stay at Hotel
- February 13: Tadapani to Ghaundrung (1950m/6398ft) You’ll descent brings us to the village of Ghaundrung in around noon. You’ll stay overnight here so you’ll have the afternoon to visit the Annapurna Conservation office and its museum. As well as take time to explore the village.
- February 14, 2013: Ghaundrung to Pokhara via Pothana(1910m/6266ft) and Phedi (910m/2986ft) your last two days of trekking take us through the village of Pothana (2110m). On arrival in Phedi (950), mid morning, your bus will meet you before driving to Pokhara where your trekking program ends and all program ends.
Last but not the least, we hug and wishes Long Live international WWOOF Movement. Of course you help to sign up WWOOFERS in POKHARA in the street for one hour before to say good bye, we prepare brochure. Be sure that by that time we will have 300 active hosts all over Nepal. Lots of Fun
Please write for more information at email@example.com
Coordinator, WWOOF Nepal
View All News